Following huge demand for the brisket pie recipe, we have published the recipe for your pleasure. Enjoy!
Everybody loves brisket and the chances of having any leftovers are pretty slim I know. It is most likely finished off within hours of coming out of the smoker. But, you know…just in case. This recipe is guaranteed to impress your friends and family and there is also the chance they have never thought of making something like this.
Brisket has the most favored food at barbecues around America for a long time. If you happen to live in Texas then it is almost a crime not be cooking one on a regular basis. Without further waiting let’s get on with the recipe.
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots, (diced)
- 3 Celery Sticks (diced)
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 cup Pale Ale
- 3 tbsp Fave BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fave BBQ Rub
- Leftover Brisket (diced)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Short Crust Pastry (1-2 sheets)
- Puff Pastry (1-2 sheets)
- 1 Egg White (whisked)
- Preheat oven (or smoker) 400f (204c)
- Heat oil in pan then sauté onion, carrot and celery til slightly softened on medium heat
- Add beef stock, BBQ Sauce, BBQ Rub and pale ale and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Stir through diced leftover brisket
- Gradually add flour to thicken filling to your liking (or more stock or pale ale if needed)
- Once pie filling has desired consistency remove from heat
- Press short crust pastry into pie tin
- Place pie weights (or dry rice) into pastry shell and blind bake until the crust pastry begins to turn golden brown then remove from oven/smoker
- Stir through peas into pie filling (they may turn mushy if added earlier)
- Remove pie weights and add warm pie filling to tin
- Place puff pastry sheet over pie filling making sure all edges are covered (pinching around the tin rim)
- Brush to top crust with the egg wash
- Return to oven/smoker until puff pastry turns golden brown .
Brisket is not an easy thing to prepare. You can spend hours with the thing in the smoker just to find it is as tough as old boots. With this in mind, it is very important that you know how to choose and prepare your brisket first. The last thing you want to do is ruin your meat.
With the brisket prepared it is time to get it outside and onto the barbecue. The cooking of the brisket is just as important as the preparation. This super guide will show you how to cook brisket in a way that will always give excellent results.
If you like this then maybe you will love our best cheeseburger ever recipe!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have made it let us know your feedback.